3 P’s of PB – Past, Present and Purpose
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. ~ Buddha
A friend recently asked what was the purpose of keeping a blog. This made me sit and reflect upon what was behind the desire to write. I knew the direction was not to be another Secondlife fashion blog for my fashion style is rarely ground breaking and hardly co-ordinated. It most certainly isn’t about delivering life changing information or talented tutorials. I’m not one to teach how to fly, I still put the occasional prim box on my head and with the leap into mesh often find myself missing a body more often than not! So education is certainly not the direction of this blog.
Then came the latest meme from Strawberry Singh and it seemed like the right place to attempt to answer that question, “Why do I blog?”
- How long have you been blogging? Not long at all! Only since February 2013.
- Why did you start blogging? I found myself searching for a purpose to my SecondLife log in and realized it was time to walk in a new direction. My profile over the years had often been a place for me to express my thoughts however that came with space limitations. Joining Flickr gave me the avenue to share my photographs but without being able to including the story its relevance seemed to fade for me. I decided the best vehicle to express my views and share my stories was to create a blog.
- How many times a week do you post an entry? On average about once a week. I am in awe at those that can publish a blog daily!!
- How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? Once upon a time the only blogs I read related to cooking and food. My pintrest addiction ensured a constant flow of new blogs and my family enjoyed the benefit of tasting many creations. Armed with my iPad the reading ritual now includes many SecondLife blogs. My family may not get to enjoy the benefits from those but my inventory is bursting with all the recent “must have” fashion purchases and hunt finds.
- Do you comment on other people’s blogs? I sadly admit, even knowing how exciting it is to receive comments that I don’t comment nearly as often as I should. However, I plan to fix that!
- Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? I have the usual blog stats. Being such a young blog it is a thrill to know that people do actually visit !
- Did you ever regret a post that you wrote? I try to avoid regretting anything in my life. What I do and what I think is how I feel at the time and if you grow from an experience you should never regret how you handled it.
- Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? People should be able to sense what sort of person I am by the words and thoughts I share.
- Do you blog under your real name? No. Although it would be rather cool to watch others reactions when the receptionist called out “PurpleButterfly” at the doctor’s office.
- Are there topics that you would never blog about? Like most bloggers I have to say yes. Not being affiliated to anyone means the products I use, the places I visit and the people I interview all stem from my own interest. Having personal rules in place before the first entry ensures I hope as the journey continues to save myself ever feeling compromised.
- What is the theme/topic of your blog? My blog would have to fall into the category of SecondLife blogging. A little bit of experiences of a life within SL. I realized that I have spent nearly six years within a world that is ever changing and aside from a large collection of inworld photographs, I didn’t have much more than a bulging inventory, to show of my time enjoying the breath-taking places, sensational creativity or amazing people my virtual life has been influenced by.
- Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? Not yet. I can however see me branching out in the future with additional blogs.
- What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? Born with a mind that never ceases to think, words have always enabled me to express my emotions and find some quiet amongst my thoughts.
- So, why do you continue to blog? From the first entries of a young girls diary, to memories bound within journals of a woman, including a rather grand collection of storyline ideas, writing has always been an outlet of mine to stop, sit and listen to my inner voice. For me, to be able to write is the best form of therapy, giving a great understanding of what makes one tick. Therefore blogging seems a natural extension within this electronic age for a creative mind to relish in their art.
So my hopes, if one can have such things for a blog, is that amongst the future entries you find a little bit of humour; a healthy dose of interest to explore some places not often discovered; some intrigue in wondering why PB does the things she does, and most of all .. a chance to imagine and dream whilst you share in a little bit of fantasy.
900 years of time and space, and I have never met anyone who wasn’t important. ~ The Doctor (Dr Who)
Outfit: BSD Mon Amour Female Hunt Gift
Shoes: LiNe Hello Kitty Sneakers
Hair: ETD Emily Mahogany (ETD is now known as Elikatira)
YuNi Exercise Mat
Outfit: Coldlogic – cohen navy jumpsuit.
Jewellry: WTG courage necklace
IKON Eternal Eyes – Dusk ML
Skin: LAQ Tasha 2
Hair: Emo-tions Heaven – Black (modified)
Pose: Bounce this pose – Gun 2
Dr Who Police Phone Box – March Arcade Gatcha – Floorplan
Dr Who Sonic Screwdriver – WZ (free)