For some reason Strawberry Singh’s meme this week has me singing “Some of my favourite things” from Sound of Music. I know confessions aren’t usually those things that we openly sing at the top of our voices whilst hiking through the mountainside but they are things that we keep nestled in a safe spot in the warmth of our minds mixing with those favourite things that bring us pleasure.
Anyone who is a close friend of mine would read this list and know I’m just rattling off normal PB revelations and not some deep dark cardinal guilty sin. I rarely entertain the emotions of guilt or regret in my SL life for to me they are wasted emotions dwelling along in a dark pit with failure and fear. Why be scared inside a world you can create to suit yourself!
There are probably moments that I should feel guilty for but it’s just not in my nature. Once a decision has been made I act upon it. Once dealt with I like to just continue on and move along with my life getting up to new mischief and antics.
Yes that even goes for the times I hit the delete key on my friendship list followed by the mute button. If things get to the point where delete is necessary then don’t feel guilty about the decision, be proud that you were strong enough to do what had to be done!
With one eye firmly on the cake sitting on the kitchen bench to ease my guilt, here is my SL Guilty Confessions list.
1. I giggle at people who continue on SecondLife drama long after the original issue has passed. It gives me such a laugh when you know someone is stalking your profile because you upset them “moon’s” ago. How they have posts in their profile about you and what they think you are doing from your profile entries but because they aren’t in your life are SOOOOO wrong. Honestly, we only get 10 pics and you want to waste one or two on me???? I feel so honoured! All this action does is feed my ego and make me laugh loudly to think that I crawled under your skin so much.
2. Call Shopaholic 911. The past few months has seen me go on a major inventory upgrade from shoes, clothes, furniture and fixtures and I have to say I’ve gotten accustomed to going over budget because I just need to own all these new pretty mesh things! eeek “help“!
3. I am obsessive compulsive about my inventory. Having mentioned this before I stress when the inventory total goes over 30,000. (Currently hovering around the 31,000 mark thanks to Fameshed and Collarbor88). Given my confession number 2, I am starting to accept that I need to raise the inventory stress level to about 40,000. Of course if I actioned confession number 4 this would be easily fixed.
4. My inventory is still home to 2007 furniture and clothing. OMG I know!!! I don’t wear it, I don’t rezz it but for some crazy reason I don’t delete it either. Do the words, “it use to be the best back in the day…” resound in anyone elses mind ????
5. I am a Nosey Parker. I love reading profiles of complete strangers, I don’t care if they are male or female. If I’m at an event, dancing or even just shopping you can guarantee I’ll bring up a profile of someone nearby and have a read. I’m fascinated by human behaviour and how we relate to one another so I am always watching and listening hoping to gain further insight into the human psyche.
6. Probably the most guilty confession of all is …. I hate cats in real life. I’m a total 100% dog person in real life and won’t even pat cats. Why is this confession guilty because … I recently was presented a lovely gift by a dear friend and my two-day old lil “Cotton Soxs” kitten has quickly become a much loved pet inside my SecondLife home, complete with bed, toy and hat!!! Shhhh don’t even go there.