Gunpowder & Lead ~ Intriguing Questions Meme
You can Judge me, Love me, If your hating me,
Do it honestly
Kelly Clarkson – Honestly
I should have known when I read Miss Berry’s Monday meme and it started with … “So today I figured I would go back to being nosy again and ask some more intriguing questions…perhaps some questions that people don’t usually prefer to answer” that this might not be the best way to re-connect after my break away.
For most this would be a fairly easy meme posting because a lot of people attempt to not walk the controversial line in their blogs. I however internally debated for 48 hours on whether by participating would I be putting myself back into the world of target shooting with the bullseye painted brightly on my butt. That would my answers drag SecondLife drama into a new realm. Of course I could elect to not answer the questions or answer with little substance that leaves no-one any wiser of what I really think. That would be the easy way. I however have never walked the easy path, it is just not my style. So buckle in for the bumpy ride as we delve into thoughts PB usually shares only with those closest to her.
Please take time to listen to the song .. the lyrics are powerfully beautiful.
Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers into your post. Delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a comment in this post!
- How do you deal with criticism? Truthfully, I don’t like criticism. It comes down to how someone puts forward their opinions as to whether I take on board any of the information. If it is helpful advice or pointing out a differing point of view for me to consider then I will relish in the opportunity to explore that. However I do not appreciate nor tolerate another person whining, bitching and pulling me apart for no other reasons than I’ve touched upon their own insecurities or prehaps offended insular beliefs. This is MY SecondLife and I am in control of how I choose to live it. My honest opinion to all this is, if people within SecondLife don’t like my dress style, who I’m dating, my photography or writing skills then instead of wasting time messaging me to correct my ways, take the easier option and don’t look at anything I do. With so many people within SecondLife it really can be easy to ignore those who are not to our tastes.
- What’s the most infuriating thing other SL residents do? For me its gestures, gestures and more gestures. They send me bonkers and are the main reason I stopped going to clubs. In my mind obsessive use of gestures just screams you’re an attention seeking numbnut with zero personality to make a sentence. Instead of just filling the screen with gesture after gesture SPEAK. Type words, make a conversation happen. Aside from the screen scrolling by faster than my bike flies off a sim in 6th gear it means those people who are actually attempting to chat can’t see the real words amongst the crap!
- Which SL resident would you most like to have lunch with and why? Without question my sl mom and sister. They are the two people I admire the most within SL. Not only do they keep me entertained no matter how many hours we spend together they have my trust and love. Sharing food is best with those you love after all.
- Who would you say is your “anti” role model? Someone who serves as a warning rather than an inspiration? Even I appreciate what a ticking bomb this question is. Although having seen a fair bit of “bad” behaviour within six years of SecondLife there are only three people who’s actions re-affirmed to me how NOT to behave when it comes to loyalty and ethics within friendship. Funny enough, two of these people were not directly impacting upon my life but instead had me watching from the sidelines as people close to my heart got hurt. I have always believed there should be a high level of respect from everyone within SecondLife for people’s real lives. My simple rule is: SecondLife drama NEVER gives you the right to interfere in someone’s REAL life. NEVER.
- What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you? Participating in the Live music scene within SecondLife. I wouldn’t use the word ruined, its far to strong. Lets just say the shine went away.
- What’s something you want to do that you’d be embarrassed to tell other people about? Scans my list quickly .. sorry all .. I don’t think there is anything I’ve wanted to do that I haven’t already done!
- What’s the oddest term of endearment you’ve ever used or that someone’s used for you? Laughs, I’m soooo not answering this one.
- Have you ever fallen in love with another SL resident? Who hasn’t would be my question! I’ve enjoyed the highs of SecondLife love and the lows. Enjoyed the smiles and laughter and felt the pain. Eventually you realize that every now and then someone special enters your life and you are powerless to stop the love merry-go-round. I always say, “Enjoy it for what it is, make the absolute most of the good times so that the moutain of pain is worthwhile at the end”.
- Describe a time/event in your slife that you’re nostalgic for. I’d have to say turn the clock back to when I was a newbie. Not for the dancing, laughing and having fun with friends because I still do those things all these years on. I was fresh and innocent six years ago, now I’d just enjoy the opportunity to clear the memory of all the mental battle scars that life in SecondLife leaves you with and go back to my biggest stress being about learning how to fly.
- What’s something sweet you’d like someone to do for you? Surprise me by taking me out to a SL restaurant, even if it is just a pizza and coke. (hint: Aphrodite sure looks like a nice one)